Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Put me out of my misery...

I know it's not the done thing to talk politics in a public forum, but pleeeaaaase, my US friends, please don't let McCain get in. He really doesn't come across very well in the international media and where did he find his second in charge???? If I have to see that smug face of Palin anymore I am going to throw something at my TV! I'm sick of hearing about her, her daughter, the poor kid who impregnated her daughter (talk about regretting those few extra beers, not only are you going to be a Dad, but you are being dragged onto the national stage by your mother-in-law to be - aaaggghhhhhhh), and hearing about everything except her political expertise and what she could actually do for the USA. Put her up against Condoleeza Rice (another prominent US female in politics and excellent foreign liason), and she is more than just a bit rough around the edges. At the moment, I would think Americans are going to want a very intelligent, savvy, and international leader to get them through the next few bleak months. Well that's a little insight from someone who really doesn't matter, but who is definitely sick of yet another US political campaign where way too much money is wasted on bad advertising and too much ticker tape.

No comments: