Saturday, 29 November 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi All, and to all my US friends, I hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families. Coming from a person who never understood it until I experienced it, Thanksgiving is a wonderful day that Jim and I always enjoyed. My favourite was in 2004. 10 inches of snow fell the previous day in Peoria and it caused absolute mayhem on the roads. But we all woke up to a perfect sunny morning that caused all the branches to glisten in the snow and the Cardinals were chirping away. It was beautiful. I cooked a lamb roast for my friends and we headed over to Sue and Kent's for a wonderful Thanksgiving lunch they had prepared. We watched their poor dog try to walk in all the snow (it was up to her belly as she sunk in the powdery cover), and our beers and wine kept cold in the snow on the deck. After a lot of fun with all our friends we went home for a couple of hours sleep before we headed off to Chicago to fly off to Mexico for a holiday with some other friends. It was just a really wonderful day and a very special memory. Thanks to Sue and Kent for having us and I hope you, Chelsea and Dayven and Bev and Mick read this with as fond a memory as I have. Although I do remember Sue saying she spend about 6 hrs preparing the lunch for us to all devour it in about 20 mins! And Sue - I have never regretted trying ALL three pies you had on offer that day, they were fantastic!
Our news is all good here. We have been busy in November with catching up with friends, holidaying up north and doing some Spring cleaning - although if you had popped in yesterday to see me, you never would have guessed! My baby boy has a tooth, and can sit on his own and has started to really shake up his brothers world. He can sit and reach for toys and books and his brother's hair and do other generally annoying things. It's great. It's exactly what Tom needs, he's had things go his own way for much too long now and he's learning a very valuable lesson that the world does not revolve around him and he has no control over it whatsoever. Although he would like to think so..... Here's some photos, I'm heading to bed, but will write more soon. This was back at the start of November and was the first day at our local beach. It was a beautiful warm day and it was about 9:30 am and we were just hanging out. Tom couldn't resist going in the water, despite not having his swimmers on. It was Angus' first day at the beach ever. He seemed to enjoy it!
You are all in my thoughts, with love.............................

No comments: