Saturday, 20 June 2009

MAY - I'm back on track (just......)

May started off with Mother's Day. What a very special day it is. In Australia, there is a national Fun Run that is held each year on Mothers Day that raises money for Breast Cancer Research. So I decided that I would use the local race as the chance to get back into my running. I had been running just twice a week since April and it was only 4km (about 2.5 miles), so I thought it would be a good place to start. The photo isn't that flattering at the finish line but you've got to start somewhere! The little boy beside me is one of Tom's friends - Joseph. I did the run with his Mummy, so he was running the last little bit with us.

It was great, it was a lovely morning and Jim brought the boys down to see Mummy in her 'race'. I did it in 24 mins which was pretty good considering I have zero fitness and I felt excited about it. There is a race I'm aiming for in November now (12 km) and then if I stay on track a half Marathon in April next year, but we won't get too excited. I'm finding it very hard to even find the time to fit in a third run at the moment because running with the double pram is just too heavy. Next came THE WIGGLES! This was Angus' first concert and Tom's third. The boys both loved it and Tom was getting up and grooving around while Angus was just so excited about Wags the Dog - see the Photo.


Then was my birthday - hip, hip, hooray for me. I had a lovely day and Jim did lots of good things for me including booking me a wonderful massage at the local Day Spa and then we went out for a lovely dinner and it was all very celebratory.
And finally, my boys getting themselves into mischief.......

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Good for you on getting back into running. It's not easy with little ones. I hope to get back into it after the second baby gets a little older.

The WIGGLES!? Wow! Wyatt would have loved that concert. Sadly, I know the words to most of their songs too. I can only imagine the excitement from the crowd - maybe like us seeing U2 or something!

Happy belated birthday to you! A birthday massage sounds like the perfect treat...