
It's May, in fact it's almost the end of May. Busy has taken on a whole new meaning, and sleep is a very valuable commodity. That and 'time'. Two things I have very little of. I have a fun run coming up this Sunday. It starts and ends at the WACA. That's funny for me, being a Victorian. An explanation is in order: wherever you are in the world, Sports Stadiums are usually a big deal. They seem to hold some strong cultural influence in the Western world. In Victoria it's the MCG. It's referred to as the hallowed turf and to stand or indeed do a fun run on it, is 'a big deal'. And that I have done; once with my good friend Shan and once with my sister Caz. Well, here in Perth there is the Subi Oval (now known as Pattersons stadium, thank you sponsors) and the WACA, which I assume is the West Australian Cricket Association or something like that. So the fun run is focused around there. It means absolutely nothing to me, but obviously is special to the locals and sporting fans alike. It's just 5km but it was a post-baby goal I set, so I'm excited. Harry will be 7 months next week. Nothing like a growing baby to remind one of how time flies! I have my sights still set on the 12km fun run in August. I'm on track, I've just got to find the time to train a bit more often. See, there's that precious thing I have very little of: time.
I'm loving the community of the boy's School. I have met some gorgeous Mums who are always looking out for me and offering help. Both boys have met some wonderful friends too. We really have been lucky and I can see as Harry gets a bit older, Perth becoming a great place to experience.
I am starting to feel a little adventurous and wanting to see more than the 10km radius from our house. We have a couple of local trips in the planning stage and I'm excited to see a bit more of Perth and surrounds in the coming months. We ventured to Fremantle last weekend and had a look around the boardwalk which was nice. It's only about 30 mins away, so not a real challenge, but somewhere new nevertheless.
A lot has happened in the past 9 months since moving here and the roller coaster of life continues with School, appointments, soccor, footy, karate and swimming, baby, boys, friends, family, holidays, christening, husband, dog, fitness, mum etc. etc. I keep planning that Yoga class and I know it would be exactly what I need, but the paradox is I can't find the time to do exactly what I need to do to help me deal with how busy I am?? I thought I would have gotten wiser with age..............
No comments:
Post a Comment