
It was a lovely little holiday, it's just hard with two busy boys who get bored very easily when Mummy talks for too long ( if you know me well enough, you will know this is ALL the time!) So we worked it out, but as with all aspects of life, things just happen a little different these days. I'm just grateful to all my friends who put up with the stop-start sentences and losing track of what I was saying. Being interrupted because, "Mummy, is there a toilet here?" and having a little monster who loves sticking his finger in my mouth whilst trying to say, "mouth" and sticking his finger in my eye, whilst trying to say, "eye", all while I'm trying to carry on a conversation.
We went up to Melbourne to visit Aunty Caz the other day. She comes down to visit us all the time, so I thought it would be an exciting day out for the boys to go to her house. Grandma came too, so the boys were lavished with attention and treats and it was a lovely day for us all. I'm going to try and get up to Melbourne more often to catch up with some friends and try and take Tom to see Daddy at work and also see more of Aunty Caz.
We are lucky that Jim's brother Des and his wife Olivia live just 10mins away so we get to catch up regularly. Their baby girl Molly is the same age as Angus so it's really fun to see them play together now.
They are very similar in size and milestones so they make great playmates. (By that I mean, Angus can't sit on Molly and squish her or anything cause she's smart enough to get him back, hee, hee!)We also went down to the farm to see Grandma and Grandad earlier in the month. Grandad was heading off in his motor glider for a flight so Jim and Tom went to the airfield to see him off, Tom couldn't contain his excitement!

Jim's dad has been flying gliders for a long time (more than 20 years???) and he has been buying, doing them up and then selling them for a while also. Like people do with apartments I suppose, but he does it with gliders. Anyway that's his thing and he loves it and they live in such a beautiful area of the world, it's a very picturesque way to spend a Sunday afternoon; gliding around the Great Ocean Road.
1 comment:
How cool that Grandad flies gliders. I bet Tom LOVED it! Someday he will be wanting to go up and fly it himself...
Post a Comment