We have had another busy month catching up with friends (Hi Bev!), visiting Daddy at work (very exciting) and making it through 5 rainy days in a row with two active boys who love being outside (Mummy bordering on insanity!!). But the time has passed, we are all a month older and we are happy. Angus is walking and is sooooo proud of it. It's just an absolutely adorable age and I can't get enough. Tom is getting older and more independent and much more knowing, and it constantly takes me by surprise. We are going through the stage of him deciding whether he still needs an afternoon nap or not, which is fine. But when he's is ratty and naughty I know he needs a little break. So, I had him down in his room the other day trying to convince him to take a rest. As part of the negotiation, I was saying, "well, if you don't want to go to sleep, that's fine, but you have to stay in your room, so you can play cars, play with your dinosaurs or read a book." I was going on and on and he's protesting, but through teary eyes he looks up at me and says, "But Mummy, I can't read" and burst into tears. I couldn't help myself, I had to laugh, which I know seems mean but it was very funny at the time. I then suggested he just look at the pictures and think about the story. He is starting to know letters and what starts some common words, so I suppose he's becoming aware about being able to read as such. He's a funny kid. Today we were down at the farm and his 8 y.o. cousin and her friend were also visiting. Tom was smitten with the 'big girls'. He sat down beside them and said, "hi girls". Tell you what, he's learning his moves early. ;-)
I went for a run yesterday morning and I wished I had a camera with me. I was running along the beach as the sun was coming up and it was magical, glorious, completely amazing. I might take a camera next time I go down there, someone else has to see this.
Next week things step up a notch as my sister (Aunty Suzi) and her three kids come back for a 4 week holiday. We are very excited about seeing them and spending time doing stuff together. Tom's really excited.
The reason I haven't been blogging as often is that I'm working a bit from home, so any spare time is taken up with doing that. I'm loving the mental challenge and although sometimes it's a bit of a juggle, I really get a lot out of it. And it's winter and it's cold and I'm looking forward to the first signs of Spring.....can you tell?
No comments:
Post a Comment