I just haven't been able to prioritise any time to blog at the moment and I feel overwhelmed at the emails I need to reply too, the blogs I need to write about and Christmas and Christmas cards looming. I love more than anything that I have maintained friendships all over the world and I am determined to keep in touch with those friends. Hence, the blog has gone by the wayside this year. Well, it means there is always room for improvement!
So please find photos following and short comments on what we have been up to over the past couple of months. Thinking of you all and hope everyone is looking forward to Christmas and/or enjoying the Holiday Season.
Tom looking through the fence to the neighbours house. Joseph his best friend used to live there until they moved to the USA. He misses him lots and this day was wishing, I think, that he still lived there so he could go over for a play.
That is a lion at Angus' feet. There is an fantastic outdoors zoo that we took the kids to in October. It's called the Werribee Zoo and it's amazing and very respectful of the animals normal habitats and environments. This is a huge enclosure with rocks, dirt mounds, grasses and even an old 4wd landrover in the enclosure (just like Africa I suppose?). Anyway, between us and them is just a thick plate glass window from the ground to ceiling of our 'lookout'. So there was about 5 cm (1inch) between Angus and this HUGE lion. It was so fantastic and they looked so cuddly. It was great. Why the lions chose to hang out there rather than anywhere else in their enclosure was unclear, but it gave us a great experience so not complaining.
At the Hippo's enclosure there were real hippos but there was also this 'playground' for the kids to play on. So much fun.
These are photos from Melbourne Cup. It's the biggest race day in Australia (horse racing) sort of like Kentucky Derby or Royal Ascot. We had a completely child free day with much champagne and decadence. It was so cool, I felt like a little part of the pre-mummy Naomi was back. I suppose it's always there, sometimes it just gets lost in snot, breakfast cereal, dribble, sand, mud etc. etc. etc. We had a great day with my friends Andy (adding a photo soon), and above Anne, Shannon and of course my wonderful man Jimmy.
Today is our Anniversary - 8 years. That spins me out.
1 comment:
8 years...wow! Happy Anniversary! Glad you could get out and imbibe a little with the "grown ups". Love the feather hairpiece! The kids look darling, as always...
Post a Comment