Sunday, 29 November 2009

Running Mummy


I acheived a personal goal last week. I have been trying to get back into running all year. I did my 5k (3mile) back in May which I really loved. So at that time I entered myself into a 12km (7.5 mile) run which was on last week. I hadn't lost as much post-baby weight as I had hoped, and I wasn't very fast, but I ran it, and I ran the whole way. I loved it too. Everyone thought I was crazy because it was pouring rain - see photo. It wasn't cold as it's Spring here now, but I was sopping. My shoes at the end were squelching as I walked back to the car! I had asked Jim to bring the boys down to the finish line to see Mummy, but when I finished it was so wet, I figured he wouldn't have bothered, so I just went straight back to the car. When I rang him, he told me he was there standing in the rain - what a dedicated husband! Sorry about that..........I need a running buddy though. There isn't a running club in my small town and none of my old friends from around here are into running. I missed Kristen and Shelley very much - I was thinking lots of you girls on Sunday. There was people at the starting line standing around together chatting and laughing and I was thinking of Steamboat and all the other runs we used to do together. I used to run with my sister when we lived in the same town many years ago, but it's a bit hard now that we are 1.5hr away from each other.
So it's the beginning of many more, I'm doing a run along the beach in the New Year. It's a 10km from one town to the next, along the beach the whole way - I'm excited. Running is the best.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Wow, good for you. Go GIRL! If I was there, I would be your running buddy!

ebbandflow said...

thanks Chels, that would have been so cool. You never know, we still may end up in the same city again one day and then we can run together!