I'm looking forward to our New Year: tomorrow is going to be around 34 degrees (that's about 93F), perfect beach weather, and then we are going over to a friends house for a Barbie (cook out, not the doll), a few quiet drinks (not me, I'm driving) and a quiet farewell to a pretty good year. Our host is 35 weeks pregnant with her first baby, so it's not going to be a 'go crazy' party, but we are with good friends, so it will be delightful.
2009 has been a pretty good year. It's gone quick, as they tend to do. It's been busy - two small children, no surprises there! I've been running all year, don't feel like I've gotten anywhere, but I did two fun runs and I managed to run twice a week most weeks, so that's one of my last year's resolutions achieved.
Jim hasn't traveled, so it's been great having Daddy at home, it's meant he's managed to do some things for himself and also just be around for the boys. That will probably change in the New Year, but I'm not complaining. To have a whole year with him being away of a total of about 10 days is amazing, and I made sure I enjoyed it and appreciated it, especially as he does bath time every night! We have also lived in the same place for the longest amount of time since Uni (College). We have moved pretty much every two years since Jim has started work, give or take a couple of months. We have now been here for 3 years. I'm feeling nervous, but I'm also just making the most of every day. Going to the beach every possible moment, enjoying being in my own house, appreciating having school friends and family all within a 100km (60 mile) radius. I know it's not forever - that is the life we have chosen. But I really feel I have settled now, I have made some new 'Mummy' friends, I love my lifestyle (see the photo of the beach that I never got around to posting: I took it one morning when I was running), and we are very lucky. The only down side is the commute for Jim. It's ridiculous. He spends a lot of his week in the car. So I know he can't do that forever. I'll just make the most of life while I can and take it on the chin when it comes..............Happy New Year everyone, I hope it brings lots of good times and big belly laughs,
....and don't forget to just go with the flow...........
No comments:
Post a Comment