Down on The Farm
We have just had a great weekend at Jim's parents farm. Tom loves it down there because there is so many unusual activities to do and most times Dadda is there to enjoy it all as well. So we all had a lovely time relaxing and enjoying the fresh country air and Tom got to ride his trike, see the cows and the cockies (birds), and play with Grandma's new puppy who loves Tom and Tom loves her. Tom walks around the yard yelling, "Jedda, where are yoooooooouuuuuu?" and she lays on her back so Tom can rub her on the tummy. All very cute. Also included in a weekend on the farm is rides on the 4-wheeler and tractor with Dadda (being a city girl, mamma doesn't know anything about riding a motorbike or a tractor, although I can tell a bull from a cow - 5 stars to me!) and having fun on Grandma and Grandad's trampoline which is just the best because we can, "jump, jump, jump", to quote Tom himself. He also got to feed the chooks with Grandma, which was very exciting, and I think Grandma loved ha
ving a little man to help her out . I really value being able to show Tom a different environment to what he's used to also. Not a road or a neighbour in sight, the milk tanker driving down the dirt track, bulls in the back yard and paddocks and trees as far as the eye can see. I like to think that he'll learn that everyone lives differently, from one Grandma in the suburbs, to us down the coast, to the other Grandma on the farm. I wonder if that will maybe sew the seeds down the track to him becoming aware that if those differences can exist, then what must it be like for people who live in a different state, or even a different country?
Anyway, we had a lovely time and probably don't get down there enough, so if we haven't been for a while and are unable to make it on a weekend, I try to get there midweek with Tom, so that he gets to spend time with his Grandparents and he's familiar being there. It will also be nice to go visit when my sister and brother-in-law are living down there temporarily with their new baby. Grandma can have a busy little man to help her out around the place and I'll be able to spend time with the new addition to the family as well as everyone else.
As an aside: the new season of Gray's Anatomy is starting in a couple of weeks here, I'm sure to Jim's dismay - but I'm very excited about that; as well as hanging out for May for the release of Sex and the City - the movie. It's all good.
Stay safe......
No comments:
Post a Comment