Friday, 11 January 2008

Summer Lovin'

Well we have experienced the full brunt of summer over the past couple of days with some very hot days and some lovely northerly winds. I've enjoyed swollen ankles and a new level of lethargy, but fortunately Tom and I also got to enjoy the beach and ice-cream the other day. It's packed down here at the moment with both locals and tourists. I thought the mid-week crowds may have lightened up a bit but now I don't think that will happen until Feb. I could barely get Tom's sandals off before he was bolting towards the water. He runs into the waves, shouts, "SPLASH" and then runs out again, only to turn around and do it all again. Then we did some jumping of the waves and then there was the mandatory hole digging which is just the best. Hole digging alone can keep a little boy entertained for at least 20 mins. Although when a little girl tried to join in the digging activities Tom decided that the next hole along looked more appealing. Then some more splashing and finishing up with a 'biccie' sitting on the towel. A wonderful couple of hours at the beach all up.
Our neighbours, whom we were great friends with, moved last week, so Tom and I went for a visit today. It was great to catch up and the boys had a lot of fun playing. I think they miss seeing each other regularly. But they aren't too far away, so we will try and visit often. I also enjoyed having a catch up and a bit of a shopping expedition which is always a good way to spend the day. Stay safe........

No comments: