So to focus on something more interesting, my sister-in-law had her special little angel last night. Molly is a beautiful baby girl who is bringing her mummy and daddy a lot of joy and excitement - can you tell I'm a bit clucky? I went to visit today and she was just the most precious thing. A lot of hard work from her mamma, but what a reward!
And on another note, a couple of weekends ago, we took Tom to a local wildlife 'zoo'. That term is used very loosely as this place is actually a hospital for local native wildlife, but you can visit the recovering animals or the ones that can't be released and they give educational talks etc. about the animals. Tom loved it and here are the photos........
Patting the koala and then patting the wombat called Sebastian. They were pretty tame as these animals are being handled regularly, but neither are the kind of animal you want to come across in the wild if they are injured or grumpy, they can do some serious damage!
As a final thought, I was reading an interview with an Australian Football player the other weekend in the paper and he had met the Dalai Lama. He asked him one particular question: what's the best thing I can do for my kids? The answer: Give them affection.
I love that. That's all kid's need: a never ending flow of affection. To know that they are loved and that they belong somewhere to someone. I hear about so much abuse and trauma to kids and I relate it back to, "what if it was Tom" and it just rips at my heart to think that people can do such horrendous things to such innocent little beings, when what they need is so easy and costs absolutely nothing.
Ahhhhhh, and on it goes..........
No comments:
Post a Comment