I grew up in family of girls (God only knows how my Dad did it!), I went to an all girls school, all I really know is girls other than my main man. Well, now I'm living in a household of farting, burping, motorbike-loving boys. How did this happen? Well to be honest, I've been truly blessed; and I figure it will give me a lifetime of reasons to go for a facial or pedicure ("Mummy needs some girly time....). And there will always be time for shopping when Dad is at footy training with his sons I suppose.
So Angus has joined the ranks and has certainly rocked the boat. Tom's world has been turned upside down, and although he doesn't really mind the baby, he's not generally happy about life. I've gone from having a wonderful little boy to a whiny, annoying little two year old whose favourite word is, "Nooooooo". Oh, where oh where did my little boy go? I know it's an adjustment phase and soon he won't remember life without Angus, and eventually he'll love having a brother, but for now he's a big pain in the bum. Any tips more seasoned Mums? Feel free to email me.
I've also had an adjustment phase. I think it could be accurately described as mourning my loss of being my little man's number one. More on that in another blog, but it was something I had no idea was going to happen and had no idea how to deal with.
So above is a photo of my boys, and below a closer one of the newest addition: more to come. All is well with us, we are slowly getting used to our new situation and working our way through the issues, but overall we are a very lucky family and I'm a very lucky mummy. And hey! at least I'm going to get plenty of use out of all of Tom's clothes and the trucks , trains and cars are going to get plenty of use over the next few years!
Learning to go with the new flow............
No comments:
Post a Comment