Tuesday, 20 May 2008

Living the Quiet Life

When your life is all breast milk, pooey nappies and playgrounds, it's sometimes hard to think of something newsworthy to share. The one thing that I have had over the past few weeks to brighten my days is visitors. It's been lovely seeing people that I haven't seen for a while and others who I've seen more regularly and are happy to listen to my trivial venting! It also gives me an excuse to sit down for a bit. The vaccuming can wait for another day, can't it? Too bad, it has to. So here is a photo of a long time family friend, Ang, who couldn't understand what all the fuss is about this looking after a baby business. Needless to say she had just missed the poo-athon that had happened about half an hour earlier. In her words, "this is easy"!















Another good friend, Bev, came to see the latest addition also. I hadn't seen her since Feb, so it was really nice to catch up. She's becoming a grandma in August and is very excited, so she was just getting some practice in!
















And the final photo is my 1 mth old in his size 3 mth old outfit! Yep, he's a big boy alright; mummy makes good milk! Depends on who you talk to, but we are calling this a smile. Maybe it was a burp on it's way up, but that's not as interesting a story. Angus loves cuddles. He has a terrible 'witching' hour between about 5 and 8:30pm, but if someone is holding him, he's
prefectly fine. He will fall asleep in your arms, but the minute you put him down, he arks up again, so last week I had my mum and dad helping me from 4pm until Jim came home, so that I could help Tom with dinner etc. whilst someone held Angus. This week my Ergobaby (baby sling) is my saviour. I can have two free hands whilst still pacifying my cuddly boy. Lucky he's so cute, it makes it all worth it.















Thank you to everyone for all their cards and best wishes, personal thank you cards are on their way in the snail mail, but I just want you all to know that it's been wonderful hearing from you and I appreciate your thoughts.

No comments: