Thursday, 3 July 2008

....and the fog clears!


It's been a busy few weeks, to say the least. However, that's not the only reason I haven't been blogging, I haven't really had a lot to talk about. My days are consumed with my boys, and managing the day to day tasks, and that doesn't leave time for much else and doesn't make for very interesting reading. I was having a hard time between Angus being about 6 weeks and 10 weeks. He started being more aware and went through a real change in his needs and demands and I just didn't seem to be getting anything right. Was he hungry or tired? Does he want to chat or burp? I had nooooo idea, and that really annoyed me because I felt like I should know what I was doing! I was also doing too much. I was trying to continue my pre-Angus life, and it was just all too much. So around early June I resolved to spend much more time at home. Plus it's the dead of winter over here and although not comparable to a Northern Hemisphere winter, it's still bloody cold. So who wants to be dragging two kids around in the wind and the rain?
Anyway, last week my cousin and her youngest daughter came to stay. It was wonderful, not only is she a wonderful mum, she is a great listening ear and gave me some great ideas and tips. Also, Thomas loves Georgie (who's 7 y.o.) so he was constantly occupied which gave me plenty of opportunity to really focus on Angus. It's very easy to let the baby take the back seat when you have a more demanding, noisy toddler to contend with, and I think that was half my problem. So having Thomas out of the way (I mean that in the most loving way), gave me a
chance to find Angus' rhythm and to spend more time with him. I feel a lot better about things this week. Angus still hates the car though, which is a pain, but seeing as I'm not going out as often, this isn't as much of a problem as it was. I just hope he grows out of it!
I don't know how to label my photos, so the first one is Angus - of course, and the second is Tom and I rugged up at the park about to go down the slide.
I will try to post more photos and news as it comes to hand.
Really trying to just go with the flow...........

No comments: