Wednesday, 8 October 2008

How Time Flies

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've blogged. That's just crazy. Where does the time go? The weather is getting nicer, so we are trying to get to the park more often, or at least in the back yard. I'm having to start to be diligent about how much TV Tom watches. If I'm not careful, he'll just watch it and watch it and because there is always something else I could be doing, I have to keep one eye on the clock and put down the washing or the vacuum and create an activity for us instead. Otherwise we are all well. Jim has been on a few trips which makes things a bit more difficult, but thank god for my mum just being down the road. She has been such a big help, which means I'm a more sane and patient mummy in the long run. Jim went away for 4 days, while my parents were on holidays just recently so I was on my own. When Jim got back, Tom told him that, "mummy was grumpy". Hmmmmmm, that gives me something to work towards. Anyway, Jim turns another year older this week, so there are birthday cakes to be made and cards to be decorated and presents to be wrapped. That's the activities for tomorrow which should be fun.
While Jim was away more recently his team played in the Grand final (which is Aus. equivalent to the Super Bowl). Therefore, I had to ensure his boys made an effort to represent the family properly. The teams colours are blue and white. Tom had his footy jumper from last year, so that was worn and Angus was improvised, but I was pretty
impressed with my efforts! Hee, hee. Not a lot of news (see next blog for some), but thought I better put some photos up of my now 2 and 1/2 y.o. and 6 mth old. My biggest news is that I resigned from work so now I am a full time mum. Although I have only been doing 5 hrs a week for the past 6 mths taking Angus along, that was getting too hard (he ate a post-it note with a phone number on it last week!)and I'm just not comfortable with my daycare options for such a youngin'. So I'll get him looked after once he's one and hopefully I will either be able to take up my position again for a full day a week then, or find something else. I'm kind of sad, because I really enjoyed using my brain even for such a short time each week, but it's the right thing to do at this time. Enjoy the photos and I will make an effort to keep in touch more often.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I hear you on the TV thing. Wyatt is a TV junkie himself! "She's a super cool explorer, Dora!"

Even working a small numbers of hours each week is tough with little ones at home. It's such a short period of their lives and so special to be able to be with them. I'll probably return at some point too so my brain doesn't turn to mush! haha

p.s gorgeous pic of the boys. They are growing fast. Tom is going to be a heartbreaker with those huge blue eyes!!