Sunday, 31 August 2008

Kissin' Cousins

It was Angus' cousin, Molly's christening today and some doting parents took way too many photos of their gorgeous kids (Des knows who I'm talking about, how many photos was it - 50?) Anyway, they are a pretty cute pair and they were behaving well at the same time for longer than 5 minutes so we made the most of it and snapped away. We just had to gently distract Molly from teething on Angus' arm, apparently it looked pretty tasty. All in all, it was lovely day with the family all getting together and all the cousins running amuck, yet again.

My littlest boy is also starting to feel better. After a rough first 3 months of his life, he's getting himself sorted out and getting some more sleep and just generally feeling better. This means we are getting many more smiles and chatting and Daddy was even getting giggles in the bath the other night, which has definitely been a rare occurrence. So out came the camera again and you can see the beautiful photo of my smiling Angus.

I really feel like I'm coming out of the grey of Winter into the sunshine and newness of Spring, both literally and metaphorically. I'm starting to feel a bit 'glass half full' again and I'm looking forward to opening up all our windows, turning off the heater and enjoying the outdoors with my boys. Bring it on. Which reminds me of another little story about the other day. I found a snail on the back deck and was showing Tom. It was curled up in the shell and Tom was investigating. So we put it down and left it for a while so that it would come out and start moving again. When this happened, Tom was fascinated and went bounding out to get a closer look, which of course caused the snail to curl back up into it's shell. Tom freaked out, it was hilarious. Although I had told him this would happen, he came running back to me a bit scared. I was trying so hard to be sympathetic, but it was funny. I'm such a mean mum - hee, hee.

No comments: