Saturday, 16 August 2008

More Visitors!



A couple of weeks ago we had the wonderful pleasure of our friends from Tassie coming to visit. Our boys are the same age, so it was great to catch up, let the boys go crazy together and just generally hang out and drink too many cups of tea. Here's Kylie with Angus, and Tom and Ryan tearing it up in the back yard. Tom and Ryan had a great time playing golf, kicking the soccor ball and playing trains. Getting them to have their day nap was the biggest challenge. Hopefully Kylie and I will live in the same city again one day, but for now we just have to aim to visit each other every six months or so! Sorry the photo of the boys is so hopeless but getting a couple of two year olds to sit still for a photo when they are outside and there is playing to be done, is a lost cause.
I also had my good friend Sue come down to help me out with my little treasures for a day, but I didn't get a photo! She drove down all on her own (a big achievement!) - without the help of Sally her GPS, who seems to have NO idea - and spent the day wandering around our little village in the winter sun, trying to console my unsettled baby and giving me general motherly advice. She also fills me in on her running escapades which makes me feel a bit jealous, but also inspired! Keep the stories coming Sue, I love that you get so excited about running and I will get back into it (and my Size 8 jeans) one day!
Had some cold and rainy weather recently and although our area really needs the rain, I am more than ready for the temp to start rising again. (Chelsea - I'm turning into a weather blogger like you! Must be the winter/stuck inside thing, hee,hee)
I'm already planning spring gatherings, e.g. picnic at local state park, street party with all the neighbours. I just need the weather to pick up so I can start planning - or maybe I just need to get out of the house!
At least I can laugh about it............go with the flow!

No comments: