Sunday, 30 June 2013

Kings Park Excursion

Tom had a school excursion to the War Memorial in Kings Park today. I can't attend as a parent helper because I have Harry to look after, but today's excursion was the type that I could go along and enjoy the day with the class. Kings Park is beautiful, with views looking over the Swan River, we go up there as a family often. But for a Winters Day, to see the kids running around in t-shirts enjoying the sunshine was just wonderful. I'm of the mind that younger kids get as much from being out and about as they do sitting at a desk and today was a perfect example. There is a 'Naturescape' park in the gardens where the play equipment is focused around nature. Here is Tom trying to master 'Tangled', ropes tied between trees that the kids try and climb across and keep their balance.  Very good core exercise- I should have been doing it too!

No comments: