Sunday, 30 June 2013

Margaret River

The Margaret River region is a beautiful area in Western Australia that is renowned for its coast line, it's bush and mostly, it's vineyards and the beautiful wines that are produced. I didn't know much about this area before this year but we've had two weekends down there now and I'm hooked.  I'm completely in love with the area. 
We most recently had a three day weekend down there with another family and had a wonderful time. The kids played and played, we snuck in a few winery tastings, cooked and ate some yummy food (and chocolate), and relaxed! (Well as much as Harry would allow :-))
Kay and I enjoying the local produce:

The boys taking on the balance beam challenge!  Tom was SO annoyed that Mummy could do the whole thing, but he couldn't. Hee, hee. 

And finally, to finish off the weekend, a trip to Simmo's: a local ice-creamery that does Sorbet in lots of different flavours. Angus and Kai think it tastes pretty good. Something our family rarely has the pleasure of enjoying. Yum!

No comments: